Although tooth enamel is the hardest substance in the body, it can still be damaged by accident or injury. If your teeth are damaged, we encourage you call Drs. Huber, Pelkey & Associates at 419-522-2523 to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists so that we can examine your teeth and repair the damage as quickly as possible.

We have provided some instructions on how you can care for your injury or other dental emergency until you are able to meet with our dentists.

Chipped or Fractured Teeth
Some types of chips, cracks or fractures are relatively painless, but others may result in extreme pain. When you chip or fracture a tooth, contact our office immediately. While waiting to meet with our dentists, here are some things you can do:

  • Apply gauze to any bleeding areas for 10 minutes or until the bleeding stops
  • Place an icepack or cold compress on the cheek over the area to minimize swelling and pain
  • Use a topical pain reliever

You may also cover the affected area with dental cement (available for purchase at most pharmacies).


If you have a broken jaw or another serious injury, we recommend that you visit the emergency room or your medical physician before seeking dental treatment. If your injury is life-threatening, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.